Do you want to be part of the energy transition and use your legal knowledge and experience to make an important contribution to the realisation of our solar parks? Then the position of Corporate Counsel Netherlands at Chint Solar is made for you.
For our expansion in the Dutch market, we are looking for a seasoned Corporate Counsel with experience in the (renewable) energy sector, based in our Amsterdam office.
As Corporate Counsel Netherlands, you will be closely involved in the development and construction of our solar parks from start to finish. You will be responsible for the legal aspects of our projects, such as drafting contracts and advising on permitting procedures and on the purchase and sale of the solar parks. In addition, you will proactively advise the management on our business strategy.
In this role, it is important to be able to find a balance between mitigating the legal risks and our commercial goals. You will work closely with our business development and project development team, investment team and procurement team.
You will report to the General Counsel Europe and the management board.
- Providing legal support to our business operations which cover the entire range from the early development phase and construction of PV projects to the operational phase of PV projects, which includes drafting transactional and commercial contracts;
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts, such as reservation contracts, superficies contracts, cooperation contracts, share purchase agreements and other transactional documents, EPC and O&M contracts;
- Advising on permitting procedure issues (WABO), planning and environmental law topics;
- Providing legal advice in the acquisition and sales of projects;
- Providing instructions and liaising with external counsels in transactions, including the due diligence;
- Advising on the bankability of a project;
- Overseeing the contract management, standardising internal processes and templates.
- Supporting and advising the management board on legal (corporate) issues and business strategy;
- Corporate housekeeping.
- LL.M in Dutch law;
- 8-10 years working experience of which at least 2 years in the (renewable) energy sector;
- Working experience as a private practice lawyer (advocaat) is preferred;
- Proactive and hands-on mentality;
- Excellent in Dutch (native) and English (spoken and written).
Chint Solar is fully committed to a successful energy transition in Europe, away from fossil fuels into a sustainable future with clean energy. We were one of the first to take the step towards renewable energy back in 2006. Since then, we have built more than 6.5 GWp of solar projects worldwide and are a leading player in the global solar energy sector. The Dutch team has extensive experience in project development across the country. From site development, design, technical planning to financing and implementation.
Our dedicated and experienced European team started in 2016 and started developing PV projects in the Netherlands. We have expanded our activities to Spain, Portugal, Italy and Hungary. Since the start we have developed six PV projects which are now in operation in the Netherlands and by the end of 2021 we expect to have completed the construction of another five projects. The PV projects are originating from both acquisitions as our greenfield developments.
Chint Solar offers you an interesting and challenging working environment in an international, motivated and dynamic team. Not a single day is the same. We are offering you:
- Market salary conditions and performance bonus;
- 28 holidays;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- Flexibility on working from home office.
Do you want to become part of our team? Then please send your CV and motivation in English to Lieselotte van Leer, Paralegal: Lieselotte.email@example.com.